Thoughts on Atheism
© 2006-2016 Fabian M. Suchanek
Thoughts on Atheism
This essay explains an atheist point of view, in the sense that it is a point of view of an atheist (myself). This does not mean that all atheists would share my point of view.Fabian M. Suchanek. “You” refers to the reader or listener of this essay. “We” is the author’s “we”, and refers to this essay.
Since I have no education in philosophy or theology, I cannot guarantee the correctness or completeness of the information given here Thoughts on Ethics / Seriousness. If you find any factual error in this text, please let me know. Loyal to its own principles , this essay may change over time, and definitions and theories may be updated.
Religion is a controversial issue. Hence, I cannot assume responsibility for personal unease resulting from reading this essay. Should you disagree with this condition, please abstain from reading this text.
All text and images of this essay have been created by myself unless otherwise noted. The document is available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License. This means that you can freely use this text, except for commercial purposes. If you re-use this essay (or parts of it), you have to give credit to the original by linking to this document at https://suchanek.name/texts/atheism.
Material from other sources has been marked in brackets [ ], with a complete textual source designation and a link to the source. References in parentheses ( ) indicate sources that substantiate a claim.
- Part 1: Atheism and Atheists
- Part 2: An Atheist View on the World
- Part 3: An Atheist View on Gods
Part 4: An Atheist View on Religion
- History of Religion: Discusses the history of religions form the early hours of mankind on to today’s UFO religions.
- Founding of Religions: Discusses factors that may make people found a religion
- Following Religions: Discusses factors that make people believe in religious statements
- Religions: Formally defines religions, gods, and the world’s current main religions.
- Memes: Discusses the characteristics of religions that make them survive
- Part 5: Discussion of the Abrahamic Religions in particular
- Part 6: The Effects of Religion
Each part contains several chapters, each of which lives in a different file. Each chapter consist of sections, which can contain subsections. Each of them consists of articles. All articles have a short name. The present article, for example, has the name “TOC”. This is the name by which the article will be referred to throughout the essay.