We are hiring!We are hiring several PhD students, Postdocs, and Engineers to work on the topic of this project, or more generally on anything related to
- knowledge bases
- natural language processing
- automated reasoning
- knowledge representation
- data mining / rule mining / schema mining
- information extraction
- schema alignment / knowledge base alignment
- representatiom learning for text and/or sentiment analysis
- human-agent interaction
- social computing
- the analysis of fake news
- chatbots, conversational agents, and vocal assistants
- fraud detection
- the analysis of the e-reputation of a company
EnvironmentTélécom Paris is an engineering school near Paris/France. These schools are the more competitive variant of universities in the public education system of France, with student admission ratios of around 5%-10% (see Wikipedia). The school was founded in 1878, and prides itself to have invented the word “telecommunication”. The school is located in Palaiseau, about 45 minutes south of Paris by public transport. It is also part of the compound university Institut Polytechnique de Paris.
Our team is the DIG Team, and we do research in Big Data, Knowledge Bases (KBs), Social Web, Web Data, Data Streams, and Cognition. In particular, we co-develop the YAGO knowledge base, one of the largest knowledge bases on the Semantic Web.
Working ConditionsThe PhD positions are full-time positions for 3 years (at around 1500 EUR net per month). The postdoc and engineering positions are for 1-2 years (at around 2000 EUR net per month).
The PhD and Postdoc positions are not bound to deliverables. The candidates will be able to devote their entire time to research. It is possible to do teaching, though, if the candidates so desire.
ApplyingTo apply, please upload
- your CV named firstname-lastname-CV.pdf. Make sure it contains your email address.
- your motivation letter named firstname-lastname-motivation.pdf.
- for PhD candidates: your transcript of records, named firstname-lastname-transcript.pdf.
For questions, please contact Fabian M. Suchanek.